Flooding is the #1 weather disater. Flooding causes billions of dollars worth of damage each year. Not only do floods wreak havoc on the environmnet but they can also have a major impact on your property as well. Long after the flood waters have receeded the long term effects of the flood will continue to take its toll.
Water damage can lead to structural problems with your home as well as unseen dangers such as mold. Mold is hazardous to your property but more importantly it is hazardous to your health and the health of your family. Serious respiratory problems can result from the exposure to mold.
If you are faced with the aftermath of flooding and your property has suffered damage and is at the slightest risk of mold infestation it is Pertinent to call Stuart Restoration Pros
- We arrive within 2 hours
- We are certified in Mold removal
- We can minimize property damage
Mold is a serious issue. Mold can damage property but is is also detrimental to your health. These health concerns are especially common in infants and elderly and to those that may already suffer from respiratory illnesses. Symptoms of mold and toxic mold are caused from prolonged exposure to an abundance of mold spores in an enclosed environment. These symptoms include but are not limited to fatigue, headaches, dizziness, respiratory malfunctions and general flu like symptoms.
Mold can be detected by professionals who can record the extent of the contamination and the moisture and saturations levels to determine whether health hazards exist. Lab test can also be performed if necessary.
It is vital to keep the Mold contaminant at the source. This is achieved by isolating the mold and preventing the spores from becoming airborne. Once the contaminated source is isolated the threat is reduced and it cannot spread to other areas.
A fire in your home or business will leave behind a massive amount of damage. So often the items that are salvagable are filled with soot or smokey residues. The types of residues left behind vary and our Professionals know how to handle each one.
- Wet Smoke Residue: these residues are often sticky or smeary with very strong odors and are the result of smoldering fires with low heat
- Dry Smoke Residue: these residues tend to be dry and powdery with non smeary smoke particles that are a result of fast burning fire with high temperature
- Protein Residue: these residues are primarily unseen but are extremely pungent and tend to discolor paint and varnish
- Fuel Oil Soot: when the furnace puffs back, it distributes fuel oil soot
- Other Types of Residue: tear gas, fingerprint powder and fire extinguisher residue these will also need professional attention